Jacqueline Beaumont focuses her practice on the representation of clients in complex employment matters. She represents clients at the forefront of wage-and-hour class action disputes, wrongful termination allegations, and discrimination claims under Title VII and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act. Ms. Beaumont has broad expertise in all areas of employment law and advising, including drafting and implementing workplace policies, guiding employee investigations and terminations, overseeing reductions in force, handling employee raiding and trade secrets matters, and negotiating executive agreements.
Ms. Beaumont is well-versed in the business concerns and practical needs of her clients, having spent a long-term assignment in the in-house employment law department of a large public company. Her litigation results include successful jury and bench trial verdicts, summary judgment victories, and injunctions and dismissals secured for her clients. Super Lawyers has recognized Ms. Beaumont as one of Orange County’s “Top 25 Up-And-Coming Attorneys” and one of Southern California’s “Up-And-Coming 50 Women,” and for six consecutive years she has been named a Rising Star for excellence in the practice of law. She was honored as a “Women in Business” nominee in the Orange County Business Journal, and has received the Wiley W. Manuel pro bono award. Ms. Beaumont serves on the Board of Directors for the Orange County Women Lawyers Association, is a member of the Orange County Bar Association Labor & Employment Section, and is the former Co-Chair of the OCBA Mommy Esquire Committee.
Ms. Beaumont received her Juris Doctorate in 2007 from the University of California, Berkeley (Boalt Hall). In law school, Ms. Beaumont served as a Judicial Extern for the Honorable John T. Noonan, Jr. on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, clerked for the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of California, was a senior editor of the Berkeley Journal of International Law, and was a member of the Western Regional Championship-winning team in the Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court competition.
Ms. Beaumont obtained a Bachelor of Arts in International Relations, cum laude, from the University of California, Davis, and studied at the Institut d’Études Politiques in Paris, France. She holds a Master’s degree in Public Policy from the University of California, Berkeley. Prior to joining Call & Jensen, Ms. Beaumont was an associate with Morrison & Foerster LLP and worked at public relations firms in San Francisco and Beijing, China.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- April 9, 2019: “Women Lawyers Career Paths,” Chapman University, School of Law (Orange, CA)
- March 15, 2019: “Counseling, Evaluating, and Defending Discrimination Claims,” University of California, Irvine, School of Law (Irvine, CA)
- December 7, 2018: “Dynamex and the Future of the On Demand/Gig Economy and Joint Employer Issues,” Bridgeport Wage & Hour Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- November 2, 2018: “Workplace and Harassment Investigations: Tips for HR,” Employers Group Workplace Employment Law Update (WELU) (Anaheim, CA)
- April 10, 2018: “The U.S. Women’s Soccer Team Equal Pay Negotiations: A Lookback One Year Later” Orange County Women Lawyers Association (Orange, CA)
- March 23, 2018: “Counseling, Evaluating, and Defending Discrimination Claims,” University of California, Irvine, School of Law (Irvine, CA)
- March 7, 2018: “Work-Life & Career Management: Creating the Right Blend for Your Goals and Life,” Women in Law & Leadership Summit (Costa Mesa, CA)
- December 6, 2017: “Keynote: Employment Law Year End Update,” NBI – National Business Institute (Pasadena, CA)
- December 5, 2017: “Human Resource Law From A to Z: Discrimination and Harassment,” NBI – National Business Institute (Santa Ana, CA)
- October 30, 2017: “Conducting a Job Analysis for Legal Risks,” Employers Law Group WELU (Workplace Employment Law Update) (Anaheim, CA)
- March 30, 2017: “Class Action and Litigation Settlements: Perspectives from the Plaintiff and Defense Bar,” University of California, Irvine, School of Law (Irvine, CA)
- September 22, 2016: “Maternity Leave for Attorneys,” Orange County Bar Association (Newport Beach, CA)
- September 15, 2016: “The Basics 2016: Employment Law, Wage and Hour Compliance,” CEB – Continuing Education of the Bar (Newport Beach, CA)
- June 14, 2016: “Leveraging Social Media Policies: Mitigating NLRB Enforcement Actions in 2016,” The Knowledge Group (national webinar broadcast)
- May 24, 2016: “Top 10 Human Resources Mistakes That Land Companies In Litigation (And How to Avoid Them),” Call & Jensen (Newport Beach, CA)
- May 9, 2016: “Key Case Developments,” Orange County Bar Association Labor & Employment Section (Newport Beach, CA)
- October 12, 2015: “Executive Agreements: Perspectives From Both Sides,” Orange County Bar Association – Labor & Employment Law Section (Newport Beach, CA)
- July 30, 2015: “An Introduction to Mediation,” University of California, Irvine, School of Law (Irvine, CA)
- November 6, 2014: “Work/Life Balance: What Does It Mean To The Workplace?,” Fashion Industry Human Resources Association (Los Angeles, California)
- October 8, 2013: “Employees v. Independent Contractors,” Public Law Center (Santa Ana, CA)
- July 18, 2013: “Hot Topics In Nonprofit Employment Law,” California State University (Fullerton, CA)
- “Labor and Employment Law Roundtable: What Owners And Executives Need to Know,” Los Angeles Business Journal, May 2, 2016
- “Exclusive Q&A on Labor & Employment,” Corporate LiveWire, February 2015
- “The Rising Contingent Workforce: Are You Prepared?,” Corporate LiveWire, May 2013
- “Social Media: 10 Legal Guidelines for Business Executives,” Orange County Business Journal, March 18, 2013