Kent R. Christensen is a shareholder with Call & Jensen. He specializes in all things involving litigation. Since beginning his career in 2007 he has successfully defended hundreds of litigation matters ranging from individual and class-action claims of employment discrimination, wage and hour violations, prevailing wage claims, false advertising, premises liability, product liability, breach of contract, violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act, trade secret and trademark litigation, healthcare litigation, and other consumer rights claims including claims under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Telephone Consumer Practices Act, lemon law statutes, and other common law causes of action. Mr. Christensen has also secured multiple six-figure settlements for plaintiffs involving breach of contract, fraud, and other tort claims. He has handled suits in California, Utah, Nevada, Texas, Florida, and New York.
Mr. Christensen has been named as one of California’s “Rising Stars” for six straight years by Super Lawyers Magazine. He was also named as one of the Top 100 “Up-and-Coming” Rising Stars for Southern California in 2016 and 2017, and Top 25 “Up-and-Coming” in Orange County in 2015, 2016, and 2017.
Prior to joining Call & Jensen in 2009, Mr. Christensen worked as an associate at Heller Ehrman, LLP.
Mr. Christensen obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Arizona Law School in 2007 where he graduated summa cum laude and as a member of The Order of the Coif. He was an Executive Note Editor for the Arizona Law Review. Mr. Christensen graduated cum laude from Brigham Young University with a B.A. in International Studies in 2003.
- Obtained complete dismissal after cross-exam of Plaintiff (the first witness) in breach of contract suit against clothing manufacturer where trial was estimated to last five days
- Obtained complete defense verdict after three-week trial in federal court involving 5 retail convenience stores. The judgment also resulted in the professional plaintiff dismissing 70 other matters against his client.
- Obtained summary judgment against professional plaintiff in suit alleging violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Obtained summary judgment for large oil company in suit alleging wrongful termination and other employment discrimination claims
- Obtained four case dismissals for large clothing retailer in suits alleging violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Mr. Christensen also secured sanctions against the opposing attorney for filing and pursuing frivolous claims.
- Obtained dismissal on jurisdictional grounds alleging breach of contract cause of action against an Oregon winery. After securing dismissal, Mr. Christensen also forced the Plaintiff to pay attorneys’ fees incurred in defense of the suit.
- Defeated class-certification in suit alleging common policy claims against storage company under the Americans with Disabilities Act. After defeating class certification, the plaintiff’s counsel paid Mr. Christensen’s client for its attorneys’ fees upon dismissal of the suit.
- Defeated class-certification and secured dismissal of suit alleging violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act against a large retailer’s parking facilities
- Obtained dismissal of federal action filed by a franchisee against large franchisor alleging violation of franchise agreement and California Franchise Relations Act after deposition of plaintiff revealed false claims made in the complaint
- Obtained resolution of federal action filed by a franchisee against large franchisor alleging unfair business practices where plaintiff paid large sum to dismiss his own suit
- Defeated class-certification and obtained resolution of wage and hour class-action against local restaurant
- Secured ex parte order for search and seizure by the US Marshalls of counterfeit products for large telephone company
HONORS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Named as Southern California Rising Star in Super Lawyers Magazine for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
- Named as “Up-and-Coming” Top 25 Rising Stars in Orange County in 2015, 2016, and 2017.
- Named as “Up-and-Coming” Top 100 Rising Stars in Southern California in 2016 and 2017.
- “Things that Make You go Hmmm: New ADA Legislation Issues To Consider For Landlords and Tenants,” Orange County Business Journal Real Estate Section, May 2013
- “Finding Insurance For Product Recalls, Knowing Where to Look,” BNA’s Product Safety & Liability Reporter Analysis and Perspective, June 2008