Ms. Wegner has extensive experience handling all aspects of business disputes, including class actions, fraud, unfair business practices, employment, real estate, foreclosure actions, probate, insolvency, and bankruptcy proceedings. She has served as lead counsel in trying numerous actions to defense verdicts under the Americans with Disabilities Act and California companion statutes.
In addition, Ms. Wegner also has significant appellate experience, including several published decisions to her credit. She has argued matters before the California Supreme Court, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the California Courts of Appeal, as well as before courts in the State of Hawaii, where she is also licensed to practice.
Ms. Wegner has been named both a Southern California “Super Lawyer” and “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, as published in Los Angeles Magazine, for eleven out of the last fourteen years. She additionally serves as an editor to The Rutter Group California State and Federal Civil Trials and Procedure Practice Guides.
Ms. Wegner received her Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree and Masters of Business Taxation from the University of Southern California in 2000.
She is a devoted runner, taekwondo black bet, golfer, and scuba diver, and in her spare time, can be found driving her daughters around to accommodate their gymnastics and ballet schedules.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Los Angeles Magazine, “Southern California Super Lawyers” (2017), “Southern California Rising Stars” (2004-2008, 2010-2014).
- Contracting Around the Debt Discharge Under Section 523(a)(2)(A), (California Bankruptcy Journal, Vol. 27, No. 1, 2003)
- Contracting around §523 of the Bankruptcy Code: Is there an Iron-Clad Way to Create a Nondischargeable Settlement Obligation? (Orange County Lawyer Magazine, April 2003).
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, J.D. 2000
- University of Southern California, Leventhal School of Accounting, M.B.T., 2000
- Skidmore College, B.A. Philosophy and Theater, magna cum laude, Departmental Honors, 1996
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Hawaii
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- All California Federal District Courts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Hawaii
MEMBERSHIPS AND ORGANIZATIONS
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association,
- Administration of Justice Committee (2016-present)
- Orange County Bar Association, Mommy Esq. Committee
- Member, Kauai Board of Realtors
- Orange County Realtors Association
- Licensed real estate broker in California
- Licensed real estate salesperson in Hawaii
- Panel speaker on Munson v. Del Taco, Inc. for the First Annual Fair Housing and Public Accommodations Symposium held on April 17, 2009 in San Francisco, California.